Eye Solutions News

Manuka Honey for eye health!

Posted by Georgia Turner on November 14, 2014 7 Comments

Optimel Manuka Eye Drops

Optimel Antibacterial Manuka Eye Drops helps improve eye surface health and reduce inflammation. It assists the surface health of the eye by creating a microenvironment that supports healing and prevents further damage. When applied to the surface of the eye, provides a barrier that through low pH, acts on bacteria that may potentially colonise the traumatised surface. Optimel is now available from our online store!

Comments (7 Comments)

🐝🌹🌷 A LITTLE MIRACLE 🌷🌹🐝. Solved my dry eye/blepharitis problem. I use the gel in the morning & before bed. I use the drops once or twice a day if I need to. No more wasted money on other eye drops. 😀

Posted by Shelly Daniels on July 02, 2018

Your product says optimel eye drops not eye gel. Do you sell the eye gel and ship to California

Posted by caroline miller on January 18, 2018

This product has helped me 100percent and I would recommend it to anyone with extreme dry eye as I suffer from. All in all it is a fantastic product but it does sting like your eye is on fire for the first 3 minutes after applying but it’s worth it.

Posted by Michelle douglas on June 23, 2016

Hi Karen,

For any reaction other than the transient stinging and redness, we would advise that you cease use and contact your eye care professional. It is also advised that your do not use if you hypersensitive to bee products or food gums.

Posted by Eye Solutions on February 16, 2016

Have you had feedback from people experiencing difficulties with these drops because of the preservative? I’m wondering if the greatly increased redness, irritation and sensation of large foreign body in my eye that I experienced after using the drops is from the preservative or from the honey eye itself. These were not transient or the usual symptoms for my eyes.
I wonder what feedback you’ve had re: drops vs gel in terms of this reaction. Trying to figure out if I should buy the gel.
Thanks!

Posted by Karen Jordan on February 09, 2016

Ingredients include: Leptospermum sp Honey, Sodium Chloride, Benzoic Acid.

Benzoic acid is a widely used food preservative that is rapidly metabolised by the liver and found at naturally high levels in honey from Leptospermum sp. It has been chosen as the preferred preservative because of its long history of use, natural presence in honey and its preservative effectiveness in low pH solutions such as Optimel Manuka+ Dry Eye Drops.

Hope this helps Carol!

Posted by Eye Solutions on January 27, 2016

Would you give me list of ingredients in Optimel Manuka Eye Droos??

Thank you.